Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Summer Memory #19-Farmer’s Market

IMG_0729

Bought $10.00 worth of gladiolus at the farmer’s market on Saturday morning.  Beautiful!  I had originally planned to split them up, but I thought they looked too pretty all bunched together. 

 

 IMG_0637

While I was on my way to buy the flowers, a little girl asked me if I wanted to fill out a form to win a basket of stuff.  It turns out that the basket of stuff was something from every single one of the vendors at the Farmer’s Market.  Wow!  Besides what you see here, there were tomatoes, zucchini (I had already bought some at the market), a pair of earrings, a necklace, and a beautiful handmade plate.  There are probably some other things that I am forgetting-all of the stuff filled up 2 red reusable Target bags.   Pretty sweet!  And the strawberry bread was delicious.  Elizabeth loved it! 

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Hollyhocks look great! Love going to the Farmer's Market - esp for bread! :)