Sunday, July 4, 2010

Summer Memory #13-William Makes Cookie Dough

IMG_0283

At like 11:30 on Saturday night (July 3rd), William decides that he wants me to make chocolate chip cookies.  But I am getting ready to go to bed.  So William decides to make them himself.  He has made cookie dough before, so he’s pretty good at following the directions.  I took photos quickly (like a ninja…) so that he wouldn’t catch me or get mad, or possibly throw things at me :) 

 IMG_0285

So here he is mixing the batter. 

After making the batter…and us eating it out of the bowl…William decides that he doesn’t want cookies. 

I remind him several times to cover it and put it in the refrigerator before I head upstairs to go to bed. 

When I get up the next morning…I find the bowl covered with foil….sitting out on the counter…i guess 50% is better than 0%…especially when it comes to teenagers. 

So…he used the last of my real butter.  But I did salvage the chocolate chips because he never added them to the batter.  So there will still be chocolate chip cookies another time. 

Happy 4th!

No comments: