Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Week in the Life 2010-Sat, Sun, & Mon Layouts

 

 

img098

Credits:  Everything that I used is available at DesignerDigitals.com and everything except the paper on the digital collages is Ali Edwards.  The patterned paper in the collages is Michelle Martin. 

I have been a blog hermit for the last couple of days.  On Friday night and most of the day Saturday I worked on my layouts.  I decided last week that I was NOT going to reinvent the wheel for the collages.  I LOVE Ali’s templates for this year’s Week in the Life and I decided that I would use her collage templates for my “page 4” layout.  I used various brushes for the Page one “Daily Intro” as she called them. Finally, I decided to print the baseball card photos and the 8.5x5 photos.  The collage pages I did the same thing that Ali did and uploaded them to scrapbookpictures.com on Saturday night and ordered them.  I used Making Memories paper for my “page 1” layout.  And I love that I was able to incorporate my messy/hurried writing on my layouts.  It was great fun journaling everyday.  I put all my pages in a cheap binder for now while I decide where I want to put them.  I have a 12x12 binder for my last 2 years of Week in the Life and will probably put this year’s week in there as well.

img099

img100

My baseball card protector pages. 

Saturday_Page4_edited-2

Collage page for Saturday.  I decided to use the outline dates/days to add something to the collage. 

img101

Sunday.

img102

img103

img104

Elizabeth’s coloring page.

img105

Bryan’s rainbow created with the new paint pens.

2Sunday_Page4 copy_edit2

Sunday’s collage of photos.

img106

Love this. 

img107

img108

Baseball card size photos. 

 

3Monday_page4_edit3 

Monday’s collage photos. 

So-the reason that I was awol for a couple of days has to do with this book: 

IMG_6995

I picked it up on our way to the gym on Sunday morning.  I read it most of Sunday.  Then I finished it at midnight on Monday night.  That is why I wasn’t blogging :) 

Have a great Wednesday! 

1 comment:

Sarah B said...

I typed this whole big long comment earlier and the server was down and it got lost. Sucks! I'm going to try to remember it all ;) Wanted to tell you how AWESOME your project is looking so far. LOVE it!!!! It really makes me miss you guys a ton! Glad to see it looks like things are going well for all of you. Love that you're doing so well with the exercising! Keep it up! I'm not doing so well because I have no routine and no one to go with regularly. It makes it very hard. I don't know if William ever told you that B52 was the answer to one of our trivial pursuit questions when we played over Christmas that asked what name do those three things share. So it's kind of like his yert ;) Reminds me of me and you. I love how in one way or another, our whole family thinks alike! And today Liz txt me right as I was walking out the door to go to work "ikr;)" I laughed and replied was that for some reason or just cuz. She said just cuz. And I told her how it made me smile and laugh even though I was on my way to another LONG night at work. She said good because that was her intention. I love you guys and miss you soooo much!! Especially tonight. I have a very emotionally challenging patient and it really makes me miss my family. I don't know if I can make it all the way to July. I may be scheduling another long weekend in IA between now and then. I miss ou and love you so much!!!! Talk to you soon!!
Love,
Sari