Saturday, April 10, 2010

Catchlights and PW Actions

Catchlights_facingTheWindow_PWsBW

So today’s assignment was to study catchlights in your subject’s eyes.  I got the best results from Bryan facing the window.  He was less than thrilled, but I had fun anyway.  I did a mini-photoshoot of Bryan at the High School earlier in the day, so I am pretty happy with this.  Then I ran a PW action (BW to be exact) in PSE 6 and changed the opacity of the top 2 layers to bring some of the color back in.  I LOVE those eyes!  I actually ran this action on each of the 3 photos.  I LOVE the results.  I have been meaning to play with actions for a long time, so I finally downloaded and learned how to use them last night.  The results are awesome!  

 

Catchlights_ angledTowardWindow_PW_BW_edit2

I had to shoot this one really fast.  William was messing around and making her laugh, so I didn’t really have time to study the catchlights after each photo.  I will try to catch her tomorrow :) Ahh….the busy life of a teenager…

NOCatchlight_William_PWBW_Edit1_edited-1

Finally….I got this one.  Yea…I know, right… No catchlights.  But this photo perfectly captures the attitude…Great…

In other news, I am glad today is over.  Tomorrow-rest.  Happy weekend!

1 comment:

Sarah B said...

I love it! That picture of Bryan turned out great!! I love you! Sari