Sunday, December 6, 2009

Reflections


Brush by Ali Edwards for Designer Digitals.
Before I started planning my December Daily (in October...I know...it's the engineer side of me...)..anyway-I was flipping through photos in the December Daily 2008 group on Flickr (here). I found a photo with a beautiful red glass ornament that I fell in love with. So today I was shopping at Michael's and they had these glass ornaments clearanced (like 8 for $4) and I almost bought the frosted ones. But then I saw the glass ones and I knew that I had to have them so that I could do this. (Our living room looks much cleaner through the fish-eye view of a glass ornament.) I'm really excited about the way it turned out. And yes-we were watching football (or at least had it on) all day long.

Next up-I want to revisit this photo. Sometimes, as Ali says, I make things more complicated than they need to be. I have taken a lot of online classes that deal with photoshop elements. So I tried fixing this photo using Jessica Sprague's teachings. And it didn't really work and I was afraid that I was stuck with a crappy colorcast photo. Then I was rotating a photo earlier tonight and saw the Auto Color Cast Correction tab. So I pressed it. And it worked on the photo that I was using. So I dug this out of my backup file. And tried it again. And it removed the color cast. And I think it turned out great! I'm so happy. Now I can get them enlarged and printed :)
Again-have a great week! Happy Monday-the snow is coming our way! Yay!!!!


No comments: