Saturday, July 30, 2011

Week in the Life 2011-Friday-Part I

IMG_7850

Up a little earlier than usual so that I could get some findings entered before an 8:00 meeting.  I was able to get to work by 7:15 because I didn’t have to make my lunch since I was leaving early.

IMG00505-20110729-1035_Michaels

As it turned out, a 10:00 meeting got cancelled and I was able to leave at 10:00. So I went to Michael’s for my artist date.

I always visit the Tim Holtz aisle.  In fact, I think I see some things I would like to get. 

IMG_7869

(I try to do my artist dates on Friday after work.  It is a nice transition from the work week into the weekend.)  I was looking for flexible modeling paste…The had a spot for it at Michaels…but no flexible modeling paste…so I bought the regular instead.  It did the job for the most part.  But I still want to try the flexible modeling paste. 

IMG_7863

After I played with my modeling paste, I started working on the grocery list.  I had a post-it note originally, but it became obvious that the post-it was way too small this week. We were out of EVERYTHING!  So I started with this list.

IMG_7864

Then quickly entered it into my spreadsheet.  Yea, I know, I’m an engineer.  But there are so many things that we buy every week that I don’t want to have to write down all the time.  So they are just always in the spreadsheet so that I don’t forget them Open-mouthed smile

IMG_7865

So, when I was able to pull my husband away from the NFL network…

IMG_7862

and untangled my dog from the surge protector…

 

IMG_0618

we headed to the grocery store.

IMG_0616

As you can see by the time we hit the cereal aisle, the cart was already pretty full…

Then we came home and Bryan and Terrence helped unload groceries. 

We started watching Sherlock Holmes, but it took us like 6 hours to finish it because we kept getting interrupted.

IMG_7876

The zinnias are blooming like crazy {love}

 

IMG_7874

The morning glories are finally starting to climb.

IMG_7882

The dogs are protecting…

IMG_7883

IMG_7857

And the butterflies are back. 

I ended up taking a ton of photos for Friday, so I am splitting this up into 2 posts. 

No comments: