Monday, July 18, 2011

Projects!

IMG_7464_edit

So, I realized that I haven’t shared any of the things that I have been working on lately.  Not because I haven’t been working on anything (Winking smile you know me…) but because I haven’t really been in a sharing mood.  And I haven’t really been creating anything terribly exciting for other people to look at-most of it is stuff that I have been learning in classes, and I have been doing a lot of following the instructors to learn more about what I am doing!  So-let’s begin! 

I have been following along with all of Donna Downey’s Pan Pastel classes (the third one was just posted on Friday!)-love that they are available NOW (You can join in here).  I can order some supplies and download the video immediately.  {LOVE}  So I originally started the classes in my art journal instead of the recommended moleskin.  (My thoughts were something along the lines of, “I don’t need no stinkin’ moleskin…”)  Anyway.  I changed my mind.  And for my Friday “Artist Date” I took myself out to Barnes and Noble and bought myself one. So I spent most of the day Sunday playing with pan pastels and going back through all of the lessons and recreating them in my new moleskin. 

IMG_7463_edit

I loved this lesson most of all. Not just because she used hearts (which are my favorite “muse”), but because the lessons were just full of ideas and different ways to create with the pan pastels.

 

IMG_7460_edit

I love how this page turned out.  I used gel medium with the same circle stencil that I used in the first photo.  Then I applied like a bazillion different colors.  Then I added the heart which is collaged with torn pieces of watercolor paper (which picks up massive amounts of color from the pan pastels).  Then outlined the heart with black and grey.  So easy. 

IMG_7462_edit

This heart is collaged with cut pieces of cotton duck canvas fabric.  The circles were made with a different kind of gel medium that I had laying around.  The background was created with grey, black and a hint of yellow, turquoise, and red.  The heart was then outlined with black and grey. 

IMG_7465

I am slowly filling up the moleskin journal and I found that I really enjoy working in it.  Anyway, if you are looking for something new to try-pan pastels are really really a lot of fun. 

Have a great Tuesday!

No comments: