Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend Fun

IMG_8268 

I had a little too much fun  at the Antique store on Saturday morning.  I forgot to take a photo of the deciding factor on this scale.  There is a Holly Hobby sticker on both sides.  I had to have it. 

IMG_8249

I finally made it to the farmer’s market for rhubarb.  Someday-I really will have to grow my own. 

IMG_8272

Here are my finds from the antique store.  See if you can guess which one I was looking for when I went there…

IMG_8251

On Saturday I cut up the rhubarb.  I bought enough for 2 batches, so I put one in the freezer and the other in the fridge.

IMG_8313

And on Sunday…I made this.  Rhubarb crunch.  Mmmmm…William didn’t want to wait-he wanted to eat it right away.  So on Sunday-we had dessert first.  And once we started eating it-it lasted about 10 minutes.  And then it was gone.  But it was so good while it lasted. 

IMG_8273

On Saturday afternoon-I made this recipe from BHG. 

IMG_8277

But I think mine looked more appetizing :) 

IMG_8319

On Sunday afternoon we had Brats on the grill with strawberry Sangria. 

IMG_8339

Then we hit some practice balls in the backyard. 

IMG_8345

Ralph would steal one every now and then and then take off and ruin it. 

IMG_8350

Then we camped out…in the backyard.  So that everyone is happy, but our teenagers aren’t tempted to do anything that they shouldn’t do.

IMG_8362

Then we played Star Trek Uno. 

IMG_8352

Which is usually reserved ONLY for camping. 

IMG_8358

And I lost…big time…twice.  But we had fun anyway. Then we camped out in the backyard.  It was a totally fun and relaxing weekend.  And today-I’m pretty glad that I get Tuesday off too.  Even though it is weird that the kids have school.  Have a great Tuesday! 

No comments: