Thursday, August 27, 2009

Creativity Challenge Post

I created this for a challenge for a class that I'm taking at Big Picture Scrapbooking. I found these egg beaters at a garage sale in town. (The woman said, "That's an antique! Do you want to buy this too? It's an antique." She was trying to get me to purchase an old meat grinder. Of course I have NO place to put an antique meat grinder. So I passed.) But I love this and decided to add some antique photos and some antique seam binding.
I used copper tape to solder around a pair of glass microscope slides and filled them with antique photos of my family. This photo is my great grandma, Viola. I was touched that my kids saw the resemblance between her and I. I can see it too. I also think that my sister Kate looks like her.


This photo is of my grandpa (he's the little one in the back), Aunt Mazie, Uncle Joe, Uncle Stub (Adelbert). I think it is so great that grandma and grandpa had all of these awesome photos of their families. And I think they look great in the soldered frames!
Also-Sarah-I'm planning on taking Yesterday and Today which begins in October. The class is taught by Ali Edwards (for 3 months) and I'm really excited about it. She has some info on her blog about it too. (Just in case you miss out on those Master's classes and need something to do...ha!)
Have a great weekend! I'm hoping to fit in some creativity somewhere over the weekend!

1 comment:

Sarah B said...

I love all the photos. Everyone has such great looking hair ;) I love your beaters!! I think that you and I need to take a few days off and spend some time creating together. I need some inspiration. I may check out that class! I have so far been unsuccessful in registering for a class and I'm not having any luck catching anyone on the phone or getting my messages returned. Oh well. Next semester maybe.
Love you!!! Sarah