Wednesday, February 2, 2011

The Artist’s Way-Week 7 Task

TAW_Wk7_edit3_Pristina

I have been slowly working my way through Julia Cameron’s book, “The Artist’s Way” since sometime last October.  I don’t think I have posted about it, but there are 12 weeks (I took part of November and all of December off to concentrate on the holidays) and this particular task resonated with me so I decided to post the result.  We were supposed to put this quote somewhere that we would see it everyday.  One of the suggestions was to watercolor it.  So I decided to do watercolor a page, scan it into the computer and then digitally add the quote (I finally settled on the font “Pristina”).   I am printing it out on a piece of 8.5 x 11 orange peel Bazzill paper as I type this. 

Now-where will I put it that I will see it everyday?  I will probably put it on the wall near my bedside.  Each night I have been reading from Sarah Ban Breathnach’s Simple Abundance and writing in my gratitude journal, so I should be able to take the time to look at this on the wall, pause, and say it out loud to remind myself how important it is before I drift off to sleep.

Hope everyone who has a snow day today is enjoying it!  I am warm and toasty and drinking some hot chocolate right now.  The perfect way to spend a snow day in my opinion!  More projects await!

Happy Snow Day! 

No comments: