Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Project Week-Fall Memory Journal

BlogBanner_ProjectWeek2010_edited-1

This next project has been over a year? in the making.  The memory binder was was originally designed by Janet Hopkins.  I wasn’t able to find it on Scrapbook.com where I originally ordered it, but Janet has instruction for making your own (which I have also done) as well as the binder mechanisms available in her Etsy shop here

When I say that the idea started quite a while ago, I mean really a while ago.  The date on the tag says 2009-which is when I originally decorated the outside of the binder.  I had to change it to 2010.  And since it’s October, I barely made that!  I used a Jenni Bowlin butterfly and JB paper on the front cover and sheet music on the back cover (not shown). 

IMG_5515

The journal itself documents our weekend back to Illinois to visit my parents and visit our favorite pumpkin patch for cider donuts and apples. 

IMG_5516

I used things that I found around my studio for decorations on the cover.  The metal plate is from Making Memories and the blue felt letters are from American Crafts.  The wallpaper heart is from a Jenni Bowlin junque box.  I found the orangeade cap at my local antique store.  

IMG_5550

Some Tim Holtz trinkets hang from the spine.

IMG_5520

I had to use these Elle’s Studio flashcards on the inside cover.

IMG_5521

This paper is double sided, so I cut the page a little wide and then folded it back over. 

IMG_5548

I love Fall.

IMG_5523

I also love seeing so many Mums in so many colors all at one time. 

IMG_5525

The 10th of October. 

IMG_5526

 

 IMG_5527

My Mom and I…and Ralph.

IMG_5528

Family photo!  I love capturing our family as we are right at this moment.

IMG_5530

I had a flattened penny from several years ago that Elizabeth made-it just happened to turn up in my studio right around the time that I was creating the album, so I used it. 

IMG_5531

Family tradition.  Seeing how tall everyone is every year.

IMG_5532

Snowies. 

IMG_5533 

IMG_5534

 

IMG_5544

 

Pointing at the beautiful sunset.  That I can never seem to capture with the camera what I see with my eye. 

Hope you enjoyed day 2 of Project Week!  More coming tomorrow!

Happy Thursday!

No comments: