Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Project Week-December Daily {Days 1-15}

 

BlogBanner_ProjectWeek2010_edited-1

Yay!  It’s here!  Project Week is here!  I decided to start with my favorite project of the year! 

 IMG_5273

December Daily! 

If you haven’t heard of the December Daily, you HAVE to visit Ali Edwards’ website here.  She has ALL of the amazing details.  The basic idea behind the Dec Daily is that you create the base of the album in Oct or Nov, so that you are free to document and enjoy the awesomeness of your everyday holiday celebrations throughout the month of December.  I create my December Daily from Dec 1 through Dec 25.  On the 25th, I add our family Christmas photo, some journaling, and I put it away.  Because really-25 days is enough :)   

This year, I decided to use an old photo album that I bought at a garage sale this summer for 50 cents! I can’t believe that I almost turned down this awesome album, but I figured that if I didn’t buy it, I would regret it later.  Boy was I right about that!  The size is awesome.  The pages are a little larger than 8.5 x 11.  For now the pages are all in the album, but I might take them back out when I start actually working on them.  Most of them are about the same size too, but I might cut them down as I go.  I was originally going to use the black pages in the album, but then I saw all of the beautiful papers in the Dear Lizzy Christmas line from American Crafts and decided they would be way more Christmas-y than just using black paper.

 IMG_5274

I added Ali’s freebie to my front cover.  I even stole her idea to use red stickles on the “25”

IMG_5275

I decided to go with pink, red, green, and light blue/teal for my December Daily color pallet this year. 

 IMG_5276

Most of the numbers that I’m using are from the Cottage Christmas Collection by Imaginisce

IMG_5277

I love using Ali’s Designer Digitals Hybrid brushes on some of my December Daily pages.  This one is from her Christmas Boxes, Brushes, and Stamps available here.  

IMG_5278

Pretty stars on bright red paper.

IMG_5279

The “Merry Christmas” is from a set that I found on clearance last year. 

IMG_5280

I had to buy some of the cute little Elle’s Studio flashcards too.

IMG_5281

Another one of Ali’s “stamps.”

IMG_5282

IMG_5283

My favorite idea ever from Ali’s December Daily albums over the years is using a baseball card protector and cutting it to size.  I also love these Tim Holtz metal numbers.  And some of Elle’s tags too.

IMG_5284

The “6’s” were so cute that I had to use 2 of them.

 IMG_5285

 

IMG_5287_edit

Jenni Bowlin’s red vintage button.

IMG_5288

One of Ali’s 2010 December Daily 6x8 Overlays.

IMG_5289

I had to throw in one of the “Dear Lizzy” numbers as well.

IMG_5290

Another baseball card protector for day 11.

IMG_5292

Love the pink stripes for day 12.

IMG_5293

IMG_5294

I am starting to get excited about real snowflakes too.  As long as it doesn’t snow while I’m travelling. 

IMG_5295

Day 15:  A plain 8x8 sheet protector. 

Edit:  You can find Days 16-25 of my December Daily here.

Happy Wednesday!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute - and great find on the album!

Gabi said...

Your album looks beautiful!!

missusem said...

like your DD album! :)

Maureen F. said...

WOW - THIS IS SO AWESOME - what a great find for your cover !!! really nice job

E said...

So cute... love the paper you picked

Rosie said...

Love your cover! Great work!

Kimmy said...

I'm loving your album for DD... looks great. ~ kimmy