Thursday, October 28, 2010

Celebrating Halloween

 img205

A pair of spooky halloween canvases inspired by an article by Jodi Ohil in Somerset Holidays and Celebrations 2010 issue.

These were incredibly easy to make. 

I used black apple barrel paint on each 6x6 canvas. 

Then I used a white charcoal pencil to draw the background.

img204 

I gathered various orange colors from throughout the studio-an orange pastel, indian hue and nickel azo gold Golden paints.  And some sakura pens and white gel pens to finish off the look! 

img207

I painted the other canvas with various orange paint hues.  To get the leaf shape, I sprayed Tim Holtz ink using a real leaf as a mask  Then I let the ink dry and outlined the leaf with a black pastel and added a couple of words with a gel pen.  One word says “fall” and the other says “autumn”.  Voila!

I did have a set of 3 hanging in my studio.  But I brought one down to scan and it looked good on the living room wall. 

So that is where is currently sits.

  img206

And-a colored photo from my 17 year old.  Aww.  Thank you, Elizabeth!

Happy Friday!  Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, very cool canvases!