Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Around Here-August 2010

IMG_1425

Around here the butterflies are loving the zinnias.  When the bees let them.  I watched a bee chase away a butterfly the other day.  I was trying to photograph the butterfly at the time.  Not that I don’t appreciate the bees, but geez…

IMG_1434 

Around here I only take time to check out the Morning Glories on the Weekends.  (Wish I could get up a little earlier in the mornings during the week…)  I love them.  I love how they wave to you as they reach to wrap themselves around everything that they can get their vines on!  I think they would wrap themselves around Ralph if he would stand still long enough.  I still worry that that one day I’ll go outside and one of them will be wrapped around him.

IMG_1338

Around here the hair was getting pretty shaggy.

   IMG_1345

So he got it lopped off. 

Around here, William said, “I really like having short hair.”  Ahhh…music to a mother’s ears…

IMG_1340

Around here I couldn’t believe how short Elizabeth got her hair cut.  But she really likes hers too.

IMG_1378

Around here, 5 on 5 finished last Wednesday. 

A bit of the conversation: “The other team is checking out our plays.”  Bryan: “Dude, that’s my Mom.”

Around here I am READING A TON!  I will be back blogging full time in about week:)  I really miss it. 

Happy Thursday!  Have a great weekend.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Oh the Morning Glories are so pretty! I grow them each year and wrap around spokes of my deck but I think my puppies were digging in the pots this year! Nice haircuts and ROFL at "Dude, that's my Mom."

Sarah B said...

Hahahaha!! Bryan cracks me up! Thank you for the photo of William wearing the shirt I got him for his birthday! It looks good on him. I'm sure he's living up to it! ;) I was really happy to see a new post from you!! I check your blog every night I work and it was good to see your adult-like kids and their grown up hair cuts and your beautiful flowers and butterflies! Miss you!!! I might call you later today if I get around to it! I've been meaning to call you! Can't wait to see you in 2 weeks!!! <3 Love you Chrissy!
Sari