Thursday, March 24, 2011

Spring Robin Inspiration

IMG_9811

So, things have been pretty dreary around here with all of the rain, rain, and rain.  So it was a pleasant sight when the Robins seemed to pop up out of nowhere.

IMG_9815

They are loving this weather.  And all of the worms that it brings up out of the ground.

IMG_9817

There are about a dozen robins hanging out behind the building that I work in. 

IMG_9818

But this little guy is a brave one.  He didn’t leave for the winter.  He hangs out in this corner of my yard all winter long-imagine how surprised I was to see him in one of our trees in December! 

IMG_9821

He thought it was cute that I was following him around with the camera for a little while. 

IMG_9846

Then he just thought I was kind of creepy Smile 

IMG_9867

But he is so cute!  I love how they puff their feathers out. 

IMG_9891

It was pretty windy out tonight, so his feathers were really getting ruffled. 

 

 

IMG_9888

And then he said enough of you following me around.  Spring is coming.  That is all you need to know. 

Spring is coming, it’s just hard to imagine when it is cold and rainy!

Then I went inside and worked on this.

IMG_9961_edit

I am still using a lot of Alisa Burke’s style in my sketching and I was totally inspired by some bird pictures that she posted on her blog a while back ago.  You can find that post here.  I will probably keep using her style for quite a while until I am comfortable with sketching-which I am most definitely not-although I am really enjoying it-it is very calming.  She doesn’t have anything to worry about though Smile.  She puts wayyyy more detail into her sketches than I probably ever will.  For now, I am just enjoying the process.

IMG_9960_edit

I love the way that she finishes off a sketch by drawing around it and jotting down some notes about the photo she took or what she drew. 

IMG_9999_edit

I even tried to draw a cardinal.  Their heads are much easier than the other birds, since it comes to a point…I have trouble drawing bird heads-pretty soon I will have a page full of bird heads to practice drawing them correctly. 

Anyway…Happy Friday and have a great weekend!!

No comments: