Sunday, January 24, 2010

Scrapbooking

I have been scrapbooking like crazy this week. Maybe because I have been working a lot so I have been a lot more focused on getting the things done that are important to me. I used stuff from the little fun packs that I got on Etsy from vintagescrapstuff.etsy.com -shown here to create this page. I love these letter squares. They were perfect for the page. The photo was taken at Christmas at Mom's.
I punched some hearts out, taped them to the page in the pattern that I wanted, then did some crazy stitching with my sewing machine {which still has red thread from Christmas}. I used the new punch that I bought with my Michael's gift card (Martha Stewart) to punch the heart border.
Here is a close-up on the photo. I am working on printing more of the bazillion photos that I take this year. "Living with my photos" (to quote Stacy Julian) is inspiring me like crazy.
The journaling says: I love your photos. that you do dishes for me. that you buy awesome gifts. That you are always happy and laid back. Love that you are mine {heart}. Love that you are a great dad. I love you! Thank you {heart} Mommy.


Here is a closeup of the stitching, buttons, hearts, and letters. I didn't realize how many heart-type punches I had until I started thinking about using the vintage pieces to create a Valentine's layout. I love how it turned out! More scrapbooking inspiration later this week. Happy Sunday! Go Jets!


1 comment:

Carrie said...

Nice layout! Love the way the hearts are!