Monday, May 4, 2009

National Scrapbook Day/Major Scraplift





I had a pretty relaxing National Scrapbook Day-I hope everyone else did too! I started Friday night by going to Michael's with William (he was bored...). I bought some gorgeous ribbon and flowers by Prima, and picked out some pinkish paper. I have been totally inspired by all of Ali Edward's posts lately and here pages with her new baby daughter, and since I bought a scanner for Christmas, all I had to do was rummage through all of my photos and pull out a couple of my baby daughter :)
When I first started scrapbooking, I would get upset and stop because I didn't have the exact photo that I wanted, or I didn't have the exact photo that I THOUGHT I should have to match whatever layout I was working on. I don't do that anymore. I scan the photo in, turn it to Black and White in Photoshop Elements 6.0 and take off with it. I usually crop the photo in closer to the subject though. I LOVE the Scanner. I love being able to make a photo more neutral by turning it black and white. Anyway...
These are the layouts that I completed on Saturday. Elizabeth was at a friend's house all day and Bryan was playing at a friend's house too. William was playing on the Xbox most of the day, then he had a friend come over later. It was very relaxing. I have a photo of me relaxing at the scraptable too. I was so relaxed that I was able to paint when I was finished!
The bottom layout was completely scraplifted from Ali Edwards. You can see her layout here. I had to change up a couple of the supplies, but I totally lifted the design.
Happy Monday!


No comments: