Sunday, May 10, 2009

How I spent My Mother's Day


The view from my bed with the sun streaming in the East window.


My mother's day started on Friday night (because my husband had to work all weekend). I gave him the grocery list and he did my grocery shopping for me during the afternoon. Yay! (P.S. Don't tell him this, but that REALLY would have been enough :) Then he made call ahead seating reservations for 7:00 pm at the Outback Steakhouse. Okay-that really could have gone a lot better-Daughter's exboyfriend (a huge thing when you are 15) was a busboy and kept walking past our table....she was very unhappy...But anyway-I had planned for this great post with a family photo taken in front of the lilac bushes. But you know what? I was tired. I was tired all weekend. And you know what? I'm okay with that. I did take a few shots of Bryan and I laying in bed with Ralph on Sunday morning. It's not exactly what I had in mind...but that's okay.


On Saturday Elizabeth had a State band competition at one of the high schools. I took her and her friend to that, then we did some shopping. Then I came home and slept for 4 hours. (So, so needed this weekend...) And Bryan played me an awesome song on his guitar! It made me cry! I made him play it a second time so I could get a video of it with my camera. I will post that as soon as I figure out how to post videos on Youtube! On Sunday, I did a little work on my Project 365 calendar for May, and I uploaded some photos, and Bryan made me coffee, and a poptart, and bacon and served it to me in bed. Then we watched Scooby Doo on Zombie Island. Then I called Mom and wished her a happy Mother's day! I am so looking forward to spending family time in a couple weeks. A little while later, the kids and I watched my 3rd viewing of Twilight. I LOVE the movie and thought it was very well done. Sarah called and wished me a happy Mother's Day! So happy you are coming home soon, Sari! I spent some time reading some new books that I bought and playing around with some new color combinations for painting. It was a fantastic day and I am so blessed to have my children with me to spend Mother's Day with. And to have a wonderful Mom to call on Mother's Day. Thanks so much for all you put up with when I was a teenager. Wow, Mom! I don't know what to say.... I love you...and I am so sorry....for being a teenager...


No comments: