Thursday, February 11, 2010

The Story of SuperBowl Weekend-Part 1

There are some great stories to go along with this past weekend.  I want to get them written down so that I can start scrapbooking them because we always have a GREAT time when we hang out together as a family. 

IMG_1825

1. Sarah decided that she was going to come visit for the Superbowl this year because she had 5 days off in a row and no one in Denver was doing anything for the game.  She doesn’t have a TV right now, so she decided to drive to our house to watch the game.  She drove 16 hours in a snowstorm (the snow appeared as soon as she drove into Nebraska and continued until she got East of Des Moines.)  The snow magically disappeared on our side of Des Moines and she was standing in our kitchen at 6:45 am on Friday morning when I got up. 

 

IMG_1899

2. Work had called a couple of times on Saturday morning, so I had my cell phone and a copy of the power supply markup on the kitchen counter in front of the microwave.  Sarah and Jake were heating up manwich for lunch and Sarah knocked my phone on the floor.  “At least it didn’t go in the dog water!” she said.  I went to turn the phone on.  The keyboard lit up, but there was no screen. I gave her a hard time about breaking my phone, but had been planning on replacing it anyway.  So I ran out and bought a new phone.

 

IMG_1867

3. Chappys-This is a long story.  I am pretty sure that if you weren’t there, you probably wouldn’t understand why we think this is funny. So I won’t try to explain. 

4. Yummy Rye Crap-Elizabeth said that my little rye bread pizzas were rye crap.  Sarah sent me a text message on my phone when I was in the other room that said, “Yummy rye crap.”

IMG_1962

5. Blowing a lot of things-Jake talking about all of the things that he had to blow (into the microphone) on the Zelda game he was playing.  That is why Sarah is laughing in the photo at the top, and Patricia is laughing and taking a photo so that this time we will remember what we were talking about when Sarah is laughing in the photo. 

IMG_1940

6. Sarah’s planner-Are you working on my planner?  Phew.  Glad I finished it while she was here. 

I realized that I had too many stories about the weekend and too many photos to go along with the stories, so I broke it up into 2 parts.  Happy Friday!  Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Sarah B said...

LOVE! We got so many great photos that last weekend, didn't we!? I haven't posted because you've been posting and I've been working pretty much since I got back. What a fun weekend!! Definately have to do it again soon! It will depend on schedule if I make it back for Easter. I have a long break for my birthday but I'm thinking about taking a trip to visit either Hobin in NY or Jessica in HI. Will totally depend on if I can work enough overtime to have any extra moneys ;). I don't know yet about Memorial Day, that is on the next schedule. I'll make it back soon though. I got home and it just seems so quiet!! I've been watching my borrowed TV shows. Your kids are so thoughtful and wonderful!!! Arrested Development is hilarious and Friends almost made me late to work one night!! I texted Liz about it. Hope you guys are all doing well. Can't wait to see you again!! I love and miss you all very much!!
Love, Sari