Sunday, February 28, 2010

Eyeglass case & zippered wristlet

 

IMG_2432

So…I have been collecting some reading material over the last week.  I received a new “blank canvas” apron that I ordered online a few weeks ago and I have been trying to figure out what I want to do with it.  The designer added ruffles to her apron which I thought was awesome.  But I have never put ruffles on anything.  She also added some other fancy freehand embroidery and fabric and some other stuff that I have never really done anything with.  So-first things first.  I found some sewing books that looked interesting and I bought some fabric that caught my eye. 

IMG_2489

This book in particular is very well written and has some great descriptions.  I started with this book.

IMG_2484

Saturday night I finally had enough time to start sewing.  First, I created this sweet eyeglass case that is lined with a pretty pink flannel fabric.  I have never sewn a liner before, and it was pretty sweet once I hid upstairs where I was able to get 5 minutes of quiet time to read (and understand) the directions :) 

IMG_2485

I am also hoping to use this fabric in the future for a bag or purse. 

IMG_2476

So then I created this zippered wristlet.  I AM SO EXCITED ABOUT THIS ONE! 

IMG_2478

I have never sewn a zipper.  I was really excited about that!  The decorative strip of fabric isn’t sewn straight, but I don’t care.  I love the liner and all I used for the main fabric was a cotton duck canvas fabric that I use for a lot of my fabric projects. 

IMG_2482

Here is a close-up of the wristlet.  There are some other projects that I am looking forward to working on in the book for the future.  Maybe tomorrow.  Bryan was impressed with the zipper too.  And soon I will be confident enough in my sewing ability to work on the apron :)  Happy Sunday!

1 comment:

Sarah B said...

You make me sick! Love you! :D
Sari