Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day, Part 3-My Dad

Big number 29-enough said.
Mom and Dad right around the time we moved into the "new" house (1981). So so much better than the four room house with no doors in Dunlap...


Merry Christmas...(Peter Christmas...) 2009-29 Christmases together-Mom, you are a patient woman.

Happy Easter-1982



Putting up the fence is the blurb that I have on the back of this photo...but I'm not sure there is much work going on here...This is probably around 1981 as well.




Holding Paul David-I think this was when Paul was baptized at St. Vincent de Paul in Peoria.

I loved Sarah's post for Dad for Father's Day, so I decided to go on a scavenger hunt for old photos. I didn't have to hunt too long-I have been pretty good about organizing my photos over the years. And my old photos are only in a couple of different albums. These are some of my favorite photos from way back (probably because I took many of them.) I even had a few of them labelled and I remember most of the others. Happy Father's Day, Dad! Thanks for all of the life lessons! We love you!
One of the things that amazes me is how each family sort of invents it's own language based on the personalities of the people in it. Happy Father's Day to all the Dads out there!




No comments: