Monday, March 23, 2009

Everyday Saturday

These were perfect: This is the Day Word Art by Ali Edwards. for Designer digitals.

I love these awesome numbers from Pattie Knox for Designer Digitals. They work perfectly for adding text and keeping track of which day you are looking at.

I thought about doing something different for capturing all of the text that I journaled in WinJournal, but Ali Edwards' style with these The Story of Today 8.5x11 Overlays works too well. You can find Ali's posts about a "Week in the Life" here. What I like most about them is that I can insert my photos on them and then print it out on my 8.5x11 printer.
The Format: Okay, so the format that I decided on is a mixture of 8.5x11 and 12x12. I spent a lot of time considering whether I should capture my layouts digitally or whether I should use a more traditional approach. I looked at a lot of other designs that people have done for a "Week in the Life" and I decided that I really liked the clean lines and format of the digital layouts for this one. I captured some really great photos and I think that I will be able to get more of them into each layout with a digital format. And I love that I am able to use some photos as the background for 12x12's. I use Photoshop Elements 6.0 for all of my digital pages. The first page above is what I created using Ali Edwards' brushes to be the opening page of what will be my Everyday Album. I have some portfolio size 12x12 D-Ring Albums that I picked up at Walmart for like $5.00 last year on clearance and I realized that one of them was already holding a couple weeks worth of Everyday stuff, so I will designate that my Everyday album. What I will do is finish my 12x12 layouts, then upload them to scrapbookpictures.com to wait until they have a sale to get them printed out. Any 8.5 x 11 pages that I create will be printed out at home on my Epson Stylus Photo R280 {which I totally love!!!!}. This is what I have for now-I will post more as I finish.
Happy Monday!!


No comments: