Friday, October 5, 2012

Living with Your Art

IMG_9521

I have a lot to say in this post, so forgive me if it gets too wordy Smile.

Today I want to talk about living with your art. I mean it is one thing to create art (or in this case, follow the video that teaches you how to paint it) but it is another to see past all of the little imperfections in a piece that ONLY YOU SEE and live with your art as part of your journey as an artist. 

The painting above is from Donna Downey’s Canvas Create for January available here. 

I fell in love with this painting the moment it was finished and it has been in my dining room all year.  I love that.

IMG_9525

This one is from the May Canvas Create workshop, available here.  This is actually the second piece that I made.  The first one was too pretty to keep for myself, so I gave it to my Mom for Mother’s Day.  I just had my husband hang it for me a few days ago and I LOVE how it looks on the wall.  As you can see, it is peaking out of an area that is otherwise pretty bland and boring.

IMG_9526

It makes me happy and is something that I can look at while I’m making dinner.

IMG_9520

This is my favorite piece to date.  It is from Canvas Create for August available here.  This piece makes me want to hug it every time I see it (yeah, weird, I know.)  I just had this piece put on the wall and it makes me even happier than just having it sit out in the room.  It is so bright and happy. 

IMG_9522

This piece was a repurposed painting that I created several years ago that I really liked the texture of, just not a lot of the color.  So I used some inspiration from the August leaves to create a similar painting. And I love how it turned out.

IMG_9523

The word JOY pretty much sums up how I feel about all of these paintings.  I love Donna’s Canvas Create class this year.  I have learned so much and I love the results. I am becoming more comfortable with painting and creating that is what I set out to do this year. 

Happy Friday!  Take some time to pull out some favorite pieces that you have created and display them in your home-just for you!

No comments: