Monday, October 15, 2012

Halloween Art

IMG_9586

This last month has had me totally inspired to create.  First-this cobweb painting.  From Christy Tomlinson’s class:  Pumpkins and Cider available here.  This was the best project ever. 

IMG_9587

I mean who would have thought?  Clear tar gel and black paint.  So cool.

IMG_9588

IMG_9589

The result is very spooky, I think!  And it was super easy to create.  I think I did it all in less than 24 hours, with some overnight dry time included. I thought about putting a ghost on it, but I just fell in love with the texture from the tar gel just the way it is. 

IMG_9506

This pumpkin is also inspired by a pair of book text pumpkins in Christy’s class. Love how this turned out too.

IMG_9510

IMG_9508

IMG_9509

 

IMG_9516

Bats!  I did some brainstorming for Halloween and decided to try a bat. The large bat is made from book text covered in black gesso and the small bats are left over from a Tim Holtz seasonal pack of grungeboard. 

IMG_9511

I love the contrast of the white gel pen on the black gesso. 

IMG_9454

Found a stars stamp sitting nearby so I decided to use it!

IMG_9453

and how the canvas started.  I love the background all by itself!

IMG_9512

 

IMG_9513

 

IMG_9514

 

IMG_9519

And now they are sitting out on the kitchen table. 

Hope you are having fun decorating for Fall and Halloween!  Happy Monday!

No comments: