Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Christmas Organizer 2012

IMG_9796

A few weeks ago, I posted photos of some free motion stitching that I did on my sewing machine. (That post is here.)  And I finally came up with this!

IMG_9797

The base organizer design is from Janet Hopkins and is available as a .pdf file from her Etsy Shop here.  This is my fourth year of creating this holiday organizer and I adjusted the size this year to match the canvas fabric piece that I created with, “Twas the night before Christmas” written on it.

IMG_9798

I used a lot of stickers from last year’s October Afternoon Christmas paper set Holiday Style.  I love October Afternoon, but they just don’t have their papers out in time to put the December Daily together. 

IMG_9799

My favorite holiday colors.

IMG_9800

I love putting my holiday organizer together because it helps me work with all of my supplies without worrying about how they fit together. 

IMG_9801

This is one of my favorite stamps from Ali Edwards last year.

IMG_9802

And a Tim Holtz stamp or two made it into the organizer too.

IMG_9803

Love these colors together.

IMG_9804

Love this sticker-I love Christmas shopping.  For one day. Then I’m ready to switch to online shopping!

IMG_9805

Santa!

IMG_9806

Love the new December Daily stamps by Ali Edwards for Technique Tuesday.  Available here.

IMG_9807

I love this organizer because I have a place for lists..

IMG_9808

thoughts…

IMG_9809

more lists…

IMG_9810

gift cards…

IMG_9811

menu ideas (I usually go inexpensive for dinners during the holidays so that I have more money for gifts).

IMG_9812

I LOVE THIS CHEVRON TAPE!  Available here.

IMG_9813

A place to write down photo ideas that I find on Pinterest!

IMG_9814

An envelope for receipts.

IMG_9815

Because I always have LOTS of those.

IMG_9816

I love having some random pages to write things on as well.

IMG_9817

I still need to put some lists into the organizer. 

IMG_9818

And I have to say…I’m ready for snow.  As soon as the leaves fall off the trees, the city turns ugly and I can’t wait for beautiful snow.

IMG_9819

Candy Cane!

IMG_9820

And who doesn’t want a little more Peace in their home…especially a home that is brimming over with teenage boys and testosterone…

IMG_9821

Tis the season to walk into work with glitter all over my face Winking smile

IMG_9822

Santa!  I know him!

IMG_9796

Joy.  The word is joy.  Happy Holiday Organizing!

No comments: