Thursday, February 2, 2012

Painting and Other Things

IMG_3218

Scrapbook and Painting Organization. 

I LOVE these organizers (all from Michael’s and all either 40 or 50% off).  Currently the bottom right organizer holds Project Life stuff.  Top container-photos.  2nd Container-Elle’s Studio Tags.  3rd container: all of the project life goodies from the Amber version.  4th container: page protectors.  The container above that one holds Art Journaling materials like stencils (lots) and vintage patterns.  The container on the left:  Top-my ridiculous and rather out of control collection of letter stickers, 2nd: pan pastels and supplies.  3rd: adhesives. 4th: Spray inks, glitter, stickles, etc. 5th: patterned paper. 6th: Sizzix stuff.

I am totally loving the 12x12 containers though.  It is sooo easy to pull one out now that I know where everything is located.  And…

IMG_3219

This is more of a hobby storage container.  Stencils/sequin waste/rubons-top.  2nd: Smash books. 3rd: Watercolors. 4th: rubber stamps. 5th: Sketching supplies.  Bottom: Distress ink and various inks that aren’t already out somewhere else.

IMG_3220

Art Journal practice page.

IMG_3223

This painting is based on and inspired by Donna Downey’s “Canvas Create” video for January.  You can buy it here. Um.  I LOVED it.  I would have loved if it were longer, but I LOVED it.  (I chose to skip the membership route and just buy it on a month by month basis-never know when the old job market might tank hard!) I bought some new brushes-one was pretty pricey, but considering the way the flower turned out-totally worth the cost.  I also bought some new paint-most of it was on clearance too-so huge bonus there. 

So anyway-I hated this when I first painted it.  And I did decide to tone it down a little.  But I kept a lot of it the way that it was (I almost painted over it with gesso so that I could start over, but decided that it would be okay).

IMG_3224

So that it ended up like this when I got to the flower. 

IMG_3238

And now I have this.  Just like Donna said-it is very very scary to paint that word over the top of something that you really like.  Luckily it worked out okay. 

IMG_3239

Dream is my word for 2012, which I haven’t really talked about, but it totally fits in with this painting. 

IMG_3240

I LOVE the way that the flower turned out.  LOVE it. 

IMG_3241

I love the way that the whole canvas turned out.

IMG_3243

And the new brushes work like a charm. 

Happy Friday and Happy Weekend.  Good times.

Make some of your dreams come true this weekend. 

No comments: