Sunday, February 19, 2012

Inspiration-February

IMG_3518

I had my eye on these polka dot gift bags at Target when they first put them out.  And when they clearanced them…well that was perfect.

IMG_3519

I had a package of Martha Stewart Pouncers that I was waiting to use (on the left) and was thinking about using one of my hand-carved circle stamps. 

IMG_3520

First I painted a heart.  Then I followed the polka dot pattern from the gift bag to create the rest of the page. 

I ended up using just the pouncer. 

IMG_3522

The colors matched almost perfectly. 

IMG_3525

Then I added some polaroid POGO photos.  And lots of journaling in the heart.

I also found some heart rub-ons lying around in the Studio that I added along the side of the heart. 

IMG_3538

I later added a hand-stitched tag to the upper left hand corner.  The tag was inspired by the ones that were on sale from Amy Tangerine on Two Peas on Saturday morning.  I didn’t want to wait, so I made my own in a smaller size.

IMG_3539

A closer look at the photo.  I took Bill’s photo outside the door at JCPenneys on Friday night because I LOVED that it said “Lots of Feb to Love.”

IMG_3526

A closer look at the journaling on the heart.

IMG_3542

I love how it turned out!  So again, an inexpensive item at Target led to some amazing art journal inspiration.  Love it!

Happy Valentine’s Day again!

No comments: