Sunday, October 25, 2009

Challenging Stories


Digital elements: template and word .pngs from Ali for Yesterday & Today. Paper from Ann Marie Paperpack (Katie Pertiet for Designer Digitals). Watch and stitching from Anna Aspnes for Yesterday & Today. Pinked circles and 31 days circle accents (Ali Edwards for Designer Digitals).

For Ali's class this week we worked on challenging stories in our lives. While I no doubt have MANY challenging stories, I decided to tackle high school this time. Maybe it is because two of my kids are in high school. Or maybe I have finally gotten over it and just accept the whole high school experience as something that I learned from and got out of :) Anyway, I decided to keep the story positive and added some lessons learned to share with the kids. There were so many things that I wanted to say, but I let a lot of them go. Instead, I focused more on how hard I worked while I was in high school. I'm not sure I'm completely happy with the journaling, but it will have to do for now. Above is the left side of the page and below is the right side of the page. I also created a paper version which will actually be the version that goes into my scrapbook. Most of you will get to see that. My right side page is different for that version. I put all of the ephemera that I dug out of my cedar chest onto that page. Happy Monday! Football update coming next!
Mom and I after graduation.

No comments: