Monday, October 12, 2009

Blast From the Past-Random Years-Edited


I scanned in some old photos in my "free" time this weekend. I LOVE old photos. They tell a beautiful story. Even when I don't know the story. Like the photo above. I didn't ever meet John and Nellie. I know very little about them, except that I think John was from Germany and Nellie was from Ireland (I think off the potato boat, but that could have been before her.) I know that they are responsible for all of the farmland that I grew up on. I know that I am very thankful for that too! I know that their lives could NOT have been easy at times. I love her hair! I wonder if that was the ONLY time that she had it done like that. I know that all of their children were born in the bedroom off the living room at Grandma's old house. (Can you imagine?) I love old photos...did I mention that?


Mom and Tom playing in the snow. I love seeing the old cars in the background almost as much as I love the people.

Mom in this poodle skirt is absolutely adorable! And I love her hair!

Loving those cowboy hats on Grandpa and Tom!



No blast from the past would be complete without a "Goofy" photo of me...
Happy Tuesday!

No comments: