Sunday, April 26, 2009

Artist Trading Cards


I'm finally posting about the Artist Trading Cards! First, I absolutely LOVE the pillow box that the kit was shipped in. It's adorable! Above is the Artist Trading Card (ATC) that best defines me. The canvas and batting for the card, as well as the tiny tag were included in the kit. The rest of the stuff I dug up from my stash. I used a Martha Stewart butterfly punch for the butterfly, a Making Memories canvas flower, and a Tim Holtz trinket pin. The photo was from a contact sheet that I printed out, so it isn't the best quality, but it is small and that was what I was looking for.


This is the back of the tag. I used the zig zag stitch for the stem of the flower, and the fabric is a scrap from my stash-I think it came from JoAnn's Fabrics.




This ATC is my favorite. I used the shape of a Jenni Bowlin bird and Tim Holtz Color Wash Spray ink to get the bird outline. Then I used the reverse of the bird cutout to stamp the french script stamp over the bird. Finally, I outlined the bird with a Portfolio oil pastel. The word was typed on the computer and antiqued with Tim Holtz walnut Distress ink. The ribbon is 'by the yard' from Michael's.




This is the back of the ATC. I love the messy flower! I think the ribbon is from Walmart.


I hope you enjoy the ATCs! I actually made 5 all together, but these are my very favorites. If I was going to trade them, I would definitely use the first one. Have a great end to your weekend! Happy Sunday!





No comments: