Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Mom and I–Scraplift Layout

IMG_5489

I created (or rather “lifted”) this page from an episode of Glitter Girl, by Shimelle, here.

This is one of those photos that I knew I had scrapbook before it ever left the SD card.  LOVE IT.  And it totally caught us both smiling genuine smiles instead of forced camera smiles.  (My husband has that effect on people-he would make a fabulous photographer!) 

IMG_5490

I don’t usually buy “collections” of products, but usually just buy whatever catches my eye-a certain pattern or color.  But Dear Lizzy is totally the exception.  I LOVE it.  Everything about it.  The colors are gorgeous.  Polaroid frames-bought 2 or 3 sheets.  Chevron-I wish everything I own could be chevron…well maybe not, but you get the idea.  The letters (shh-I’m not really supposed to buy any more letter stickers…ever). The only thing that is not Dear Lizzy is the chipboard butterflies (Maya Road) and the October afternoon letter stickers. 

IMG_5491

My Mom and I have always been mistaken for each other.  We look alike and sound alike.  And I thought it was time that I created a layout about it since it is VERY evident in the photo.  We also love a lot of the same things-including scrapbooking. I almost wished that I had more room to journal on this page, so I’m thinking this may be a topic that I visit again sometime.

IMG_5492

and butterflies.  Which is why I had to include the butterflies.

IMG_5494

I love how it turned out.

IMG_5493

Happy Wednesday!

No comments: