Sunday, January 8, 2012

Art Journaling

IMG_2992

I finally took a day to play with my pan pastels.  I have been trying to art journal more this new year, and so I pulled out my art journals.

IMG_3006

This is my pan pastel moleskin that I use for Donna Downey’s PanPastel classes.  I haven’t quite finished playing around with this page yet. 

(Note:  If you look closely, you can see brushmarks on the page. This is from Golden brand “Acrylic Ground for Pastels” that my Mom bought me for Christmas. I promised that I would post about it.  It gives the page a lot more “tooth” than a gesso’d page which hardly absorbs any of the color at all.)

IMG_2985

This is a page that I played with in my art journal.

(There is no gesso or acrylic ground on the art journal pages.)

IMG_2986

I love stencils.  Because I couldn’t make a real star to save my life Winking smile 

I hope you took some time this weekend to play. 

Happy Monday!

No comments: