Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Art Journal Inspiration-January

IMG_3070

Inspiration comes in many forms.  On Friday afternoon when I left work, I stopped at Target for an Artist Date. 

They had polaroid film in stock. 

I Loved that.

IMG_3073

I found this journal in the dollar spot.  I had to have it.

IMG_3074

And then I used it for inspiration to create this page.  I have some “grungy” letter stamps from Michaels and they mimic the journal font perfectly!  And I had been wanting to play with the chevron stencil (Julie Fei-Fan Balzer for The Crafter’s Workshop) and the new bottle of red pepper Color Wash spray that I got.  I love how that turned out.

IMG_3108

This is the finished page.  Lots of hearts.  (Not sure what happened with the ugly heart except that I was playing around and I was like, “Oh, I should make a messy heart here.” And then I was like…Um…how do I cover this up?  But I left it. 

IMG_3109

I love this sentiment.  It was perfect timing too because that was how I was feeling that day.

IMG_3110

Love.

IMG_3082

I created this page before I left for work on Sunday, I think (all the days are mixing together). 

IMG_3083

I used gesso and the harlequin stencil from the Crafter’s Workshop. And many many different types of things that I had that were orange.  I hadn’t planned it that way, but I was loving the look.

IMG_3105

And then I found some more orange and some stencils. 

IMG_3106

And finished the page last night.

IMG_3107

So that is pretty much what has been going on over here.  Lots of work and lots of art journaling and trying to fit in some exercise too. 

Happy (almost) Thursday!

No comments: