Thursday, February 21, 2013

Painting Daisies in the Studio

IMG_0442

On February 16th, we were shopping at Walmart and they had Valentine bouquets clearanced for like $6 or $7. Perfect!

IMG_0445

Pure white daisies are one of my favorites.  Love them and they last a LONG time.

IMG_0441

So pretty! So I decided that they were fabulous inspiration for my next painting.

IMG_0466

A quick sketch in my sketchbook one morning before I left for work.

IMG_0463

Then I added some daisies on top of a background that I created.

IMG_0464

Love these.

IMG_0467

Added some stems.

IMG_0468

Love how they are looking.

IMG_0472

Added some more daisies and started working on stems.

IMG_0476

And right now I’m here. I had planned to add some detail, but my husband likes it the way that it is, so I may leave it.  I’ve moved it to the dining room so that I can peak at it several times a day to decide what I want to do with it next.  I’m tempted to add a word to the top and maybe some India ink drops, but I may really just leave it as it is.  And the more I look at it, the more I’m thinking that I really need to add some yellow to the daisy centers.   Open-mouthed smile  I’ll keep you posted.

Happy Friday!

1 comment:

Liz said...

I think that daises would look pretty with yellow in the middle of them :)