Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Sunday Morning Tailgate

IMG_9273_edit

So…when I had to get up at 6:30 am…I was thinking that it was too early for football.  (I have never thought that.)

IMG_9274

Rather than help (heh heh…) I watched everyone else prep for the tailgating. 

IMG_9276

Slicing potatoes and onions.

IMG_9278

I was kind of wishing I could lounge around out here.  Have you ever seen such a beautiful backyard!!??!!

IMG_9281

And this room was beautiful with a monstrous ceiling and SO MUCH LIGHT!!  Not to mention the cute guy on the couch Winking smile

IMG_9282

Molly.

IMG_9286

and Winston.  He looks a LOT like an Ewok.  And he is so sweet.

IMG_9280

Having fun getting things packed up.

IMG_9294

The plan had been to leave at 7:30, but we didn’t take off until about 8:00.  This is the parking lot about 8:30.

IMG_9296

Brother and Sister. 

IMG_9297

Brother, Sister, and Tim Smile

IMG_9298

And me.

IMG_9301

First beer of the morn…day Open-mouthed smile  As Grandpa used to say-it’s noon somewhere…um…in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean…

IMG_9307

Heh heh-happy birthday, Daddy!

IMG_9309

Having fun.  I think he was kind of glad that he forgot his jersey.  As more and more beer was consumed, the crowd started booing the people who walked by wearing Bill’s jerseys. 

IMG_9310

The parking lot as the grills start to fire up.  Look at the sea of red!

IMG_9315

Cooking up ribeyes and potatoes and mushrooms and onions.

IMG_9317

Darth Vader came out in his Chiefs garb.

IMG_9320

I had to have some beads.  Because…they’re beads.  And I needed something to go with my Bears’ hat.

IMG_9323

Medium rare goodness.

IMG_9325

Breakfast is served.

IMG_9326

Oh yum.  Perfection.

IMG_9329

Time to head in to the game!

Let me just say that this was my first tailgating experience and IT WAS AWESOME!!! 

Happy Thursday!

No comments: